[ace-users] Updated announcement regarding Borland/CodeGear C++ Builder support

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Wed Aug 1 03:35:48 CDT 2007

Hello,

Remedy IT has maintained the Borland C++ Builder port of ACE+TAO for many
years. The initial work has been done as part of our consultancy work. After
that the maintenance of the Borland C++ port has been without funding.
With the years the amount of work we need to put into this maintenance has
increased. Borland/CodeGear have released new versions which all needed to
get supported and we participated in several beta programs. At this moment
we have reached a point that the C++ Builder port is taking several days a
month and we have 2 build systems mainly doing C++ Builder builds. This
isn't something we can keep doing for free anymore.

In order for Remedy IT to continue maintenance of this port we require
sponsoring of interested parties from the user community.
We need a minimual funding of 15.000 euro for a period of one year.
With this funding we will maintain Borland C++ Builder 6 and do the port to
CodeGear C++ Builder 2007.
In addition our build systems will keep running Borland builds and all
build/test results will be visible online at http://scoreboard.remedy.nl.

At this moment we have commitments for 50% of the required funding. We
have set the decision date on August 16th 2007. If we haven't gathered
The full funding on that date we will shutdown our daily builds.

If you are using Borland/CodeGear C++ Builder, let us know if you are
interested in funding this effort. When several users sponsor this effort it
shouldn't be hard to keep ACE/TAO/CIAO supported with C++ Builder.