[ace-users] question on ACE_INET_Addr

Premkumar P kumaran.prem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:21:07 CDT 2007

hi,

thankx for your help .. i will use the same in set function.

I think a potential problem is that some functions, such as the set
> function relied upon by the ctor modified below, are intended to let the
> OS make the IPv4/IPv6 call if AF_UNSPEC is passed as the address family.
> By using determine_type() to specify AF_INET or AF_INET6, we might end
> up forcing something into an incorrect family. For example, we are
> setting up an ACE_INET_Addr to contain the address of an external host
> that really does not have IPv6, but with the local configuration,
> determine_type() returns AF_INET6, then set() will fail because the
> foreign address that should become IPv4 instead yields IPv6.
>
> cant really understand the problem you are talking about ! it would of
great help if can 'expand it a bit'.

will there be any problem if i make this change in ACE_INET_Addr::set
function, if that is the case i have
to look for a different solution, as it is critical "i don't break" any
functionality by making changes without understanding
the effect of it !!!!

regards,
Prem