[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] My Notify_Service can't start.

Evan Carew carew at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 13:04:12 CDT 2007

ÕÔº£ wrote:
> hi
>               My English is very poor. I have install TAO in my gentoo linux 2007.0 kernerl 2.6.21 .But I can't start the notify service. The install pakeage I download is ACE-5.5+TAO-1.5.tar.gz.    Only notify Service can't start. The other Service can run .
>              when I try to start Notify Service ,my linux tell me that:
>      zhaohai at localhost ~ $ Notify_Service -NoNameSvc
>      Running 1 ORB threads
>      Cannot activate client threads
>      Failed to initialize the Notification Service.
>      pure virtual method called
>      terminate called without an active exception
>      Aborted.
>
> Can you tell me how to solve this problem.thx.
>
>                                                                             yours zhaohai
>
>                                                                         2007.08.03

You've got to love those PRF bounce non-answer messages. Especially when
they come in duplicate.

The only suggestion I can think of is that in order to get the
notification service up and running, it needs to connect to some other
services. It sounds like notify is correctly trying to start cos, the
other question I would have is did you already have the naming service
up and running as a daemon (-ORBDaemon option), and did you feed the
notification service enough info to connect to it?