[Ace-users] recv_n and send_n with No Timeout

Saul srodriguez at innovative-dsp.com
Fri Aug 3 18:12:46 CDT 2007

Hi all,
I am using ACE as a client. I do a recv_n / send_n with timeout = 0.
Now; I am running into the following scenario:
1. The other side is an embedded system.
2. If for some reason the Host Computer (where I am running ACE)
detects that the embedded system has crashed (i.e. some time has
passed and recv_n / send_n have not returned); is there a way I can
quit waiting so that I can proceed to do recovery work on the
communication threads (i.e. the ones using ACE) ?

a) I read something about ACE having support for
WaitForMultipleObjects, but not sure how I can relate this to my
ACE_SOCK_Stream object doing the send_n / recv_n.

b) Can I close the socket from within another function and expect
send_n/recv_n to return with some error code ?

I am reading ACE Practical Design Patterns for Network and Systems
Programming, but have not been able to get the answers to neither of
my questions.

Thank you.
God bless you,

Saul Rodriguez