[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO_PI problem under VxWorks 5.5

Dirk Muders dmuders at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Mon Aug 6 11:32:08 CDT 2007

Dear list,

we are using TAO 1.5.2 under VxWorks 5.5 for a telescope control system.
We currently have the problem that the TAO_PI library is not loaded
correctly. We get the following messages:

(-1|200373440) LN - DLL::open failed for TAO_PI: Error: check log for
details.
(-1|200373440) Unable to find service 'ORBInitializer_Registry'
(-1|200373440) ERROR: ORBInitializer Registry unable to find the
ORBInitializer Registry instance: errno = 0x300002

There is no more detail in the log files. I have seen that there existed
a problem in earlier versions of TAO (in 2006) where the "open failed"
was printed but did not affect the actual code execution. Here it is
more than just a cosmetic problem. In the following code, VxWorks
encounters a purely virtual method because the ORBInitializer Registry
is missing and crashes.

I have seen the comments that one needs to link libTAO_PI.so to the
actual code and I tried to do this. It still requires an explicit load
of the library to resolve all symbols, but then does not get loaded when
the code is executed. A colleague suggested renaming libTAO_PI.so to
simply TAO_PI since this had fixed something in another version, but it
did not have any effect here.

Any comments on this problem would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

                     Dirk

--
Dr. Dirk Muders                      www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/staff/dmuders
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie       dmuders at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Auf dem Huegel 69       Office: 2.53              Fax:   +49-228-525-229
D-53121 Bonn, Germany   Mobile: +49-160-9075-9642 Phone: +49-228-525-291