[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] TAO_PI problem under VxWorks 5.5

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Mon Aug 6 12:36:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

We as Remedy IT have maintained the VxWorks port for some years already as
part of our commercial activities. Until Jan 1s 2007 we have done
compilation and testing for VxWorks 5.5.x, until the release of ACE/TAO
x.5.8 we have only done compilation and the VxWorks 5.5 support is now
scheduled for full removal later this year. At this moment there is no
funding at all for VxWorks 5.5.x, all the sponsors have moved to VxWorks 6.x
and we are supporting that as part of our commercial services. Have a look
at www.theaceorb.nl for the status of the VxWorks port in general.

Then about your problem, we have only done validation for static libraries,
we haven't done any validation with shared libraries because it does have
several known problems. I would recommend you to switch to static libraries
and consider an upgrade to VxWorks 6.4 which is the current main VxWorks
platform.

http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl <http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/>  ***