[ace-users] Important information about VxWorks port of ACE/TAO

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Mon Aug 6 14:30:39 CDT 2007

Hi all,

We want to give some important information about the VxWorks port of
ACE/TAO/CIAO. We as Remedy IT have been maintaining this port the last year
as part of our commercial services. The maintenance and porting to VxWorks
5.5x/6.x has been funded by a group of our customers.

The VxWorks 5.5.x port has been tested until Jan 1st 2007 (x.5.4), after
that date we have ended runtime testing. We have done regular compilation
builds until x.5.8, after that version we also ended regular compilation. As
a result of this, this port isn't maintained anymore and is scheduled for
removal from the code after the release of ACE/TAO x.6.1. If people are
willing to sponsor this port, we can revive this port again instead of
removing it from the code. If you are using VxWorks 5.5.x with ACE/TAO we as
Remedy IT will support any release as part of our commercial services. We
don't deliver any VxWorks 5.5.x support through the open source mailing
lists.

The VxWorks 6.x port is now actively maintained. We have done a lot of
testing on VxWorks 6.3/6.4 with RPT and kernel mode. For VxWorks 6.5 we have
only done compilation. All results are visible at the scoreboard at
http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl. We will keep maintaining this port as long
as we have sponsors funding this port.

If you are interested in knowing more about sponsoring this port and which
benefits it would give you, feel free to contact me.