[ace-users] Problem installing ACE in Kubuntu

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Aug 9 08:54:45 CDT 2007

Hi,

> I’m trying to install OpenDiameter in Kubuntu and when I try to install ACE 5.5, one of the necessary things to install
> OpenDiameter, an error happens:

Are you sure you're using ACE 5.5 or ACE 5.5.10?  To ensure that we have
proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill
out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.