[Ace-users] [tao-users] DDS Question

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Fri Aug 10 09:25:59 CDT 2007

Hi

This isn't a question related to TAO. Though, I was hoping someone on
this list might know the answer to this question.

I started looking at some DDS products out there. DDS uses a subset of
OMG IDL. OMG defined IDL to C++ mapping. Does DDS mandate using the OMG
IDL to C++ mapping?

The reason I ask is that I noticed that in that DDS products, their IDL
compiler does NOT generate _var types, their infrastructure uses
Foo::narrow instead of Foo::_narrow, the mapping of sequences is
different than from OMG IDL to C++ mapping.

So I was wondering if that would be counted as a non-conformance point,
or if OMG IDL to C++ mapping applies to CORBA only.

Thanks,
Abdul