[Ace-users] Running Windows Executables on non-development machines

Rob Ratcliff rrr6399 at futuretek.com
Fri Aug 10 10:38:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

One issues that I've run into with compilng TAO on Windows using MS
Visual C++ 8 is that the executables will not run on machines where
Visual C++ isn't installed. Even if I use the vcredist_x86.exe to
supposedly install the runtime, the necessary dlls
c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\MSVCR80.DLL
to run are not there until I install the development environment.
Putting the dll in the Path or even in the directory above doesn't work.

Has anybody else run into this frustrating issue?

Thanks,

Rob