[Ace-users] How to spawn threads with high priority

przemyslaw.sliwa at gazeta.pl przemyslaw.sliwa at gazeta.pl
Tue Aug 14 06:05:05 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am working on a Quad core computer using ACE on WinXP. I have a few
lenghty computations and decided to spawn 4 threads doing independent
calculations. I activate the threads with priority
ACE_THR_PRI_OTHER_MAX + 1 and it looks the application never uses more
than 40% of the quad core CPU. This is quite strange I would say since
I would expect to to use all availible computational power.

Could someone tell me or give a hint what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for help in advance

Pshemek