[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Question about creation of facet servant and executor

William R. Otte wotte at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Aug 16 16:28:35 CDT 2007

Hi Abdul -

To  follow up, I found the following nugget on page 14 of 06-04-01

 > In general, a component instance shall be prepared to return
object references for facets throughout the instance’s life
 > cycle. A component implementation may, as part of its advertised
behavior, return a nil object reference as the result of
 > a provide_<name> operation.

This certainly suggests that the intuitive behavior (ie, servant
queries the executor each time) is the behavior mandated by the spec.

hth,
/-Will