[ace-users] Question about endpoints

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 20 10:56:06 CDT 2007

Hi Tim,

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form
(PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.

> Is it possible to associate specific servants with specific endpoints?

This is not something that standard CORBA supports, though there may
be a way to do something along these lines using the custom servant
dispatching (CSD) extensions added to TAO by OCI.  I believe this is
covered in the OCI TAO Developer's Guide, as discussed in

http://www.theaceorb.com/product/index.html

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu