[ace-users] Regarding CORBA - Sir Please clarify my Query.

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 21 00:31:19 CDT 2007

Hi Ramesh,

>          We are new for the CORBA Application.I studied Document releted to CORBA. But i am not getting properly about
> CORBA.

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all questions
related to CORBA, ACE, or TAO to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> What i understand about CORBA is , it is a middleware Software, and it can developby using C++, ADA95 or Java programming
> language.

That is correct, though you can use other languages besides the ones you
listed above.

> Sir please give some more information about CORBA

Please see

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/corba.html

for *lots* of information about CORBA.  I also recommend you check out

http://www.omg.org/gettingstarted/corbafaq.htm

> and where i can get CORBA Software Package?

Please see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/TAO

for more info on how to download CORBA.

> Sir what is the relation between CORBA and ACE/TAO?
>
> ACE and TAO are module of CORBA or it is separate package.

TAO is an implementation of CORBA based on ACE.  Please see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ACE

for information on ACE.