[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO on AIX maintenance

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Aug 21 07:55:37 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Each few weeks I do get questions or see posts about problems when using TAO
on AIX. As you maybe know there is no TAO build for AIX on the scoreboard
(see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl). Remedy IT maintains already several
ports of ACE/TAO. We now want to see if we can use the same setup for TAO on
AIX. A group of users then funds the maintenance of the port, we run daily
builds to validate TAO on AIX and make sure things work and keep working.
That way when a new release of TAO is made available the AIX users can also
download a version from ISIS and know it works out of the box.

To be able to do this maintenance we need funding to cover the costs of the
system, power/cooling, and manhours to validate the port and maintain it. If
you are interested in funding this port, contact me directly. If several
users join together the costs will be relative low for each sponsor.