[Ace-users] JAWS generated error message when switching IO strategy from Synch to Asynch on FreeBSD 6

Fan fanyang32 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:57:43 CDT 2007

Hi,

ACE VERSION: 5.5.2

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: x86, FreeBSD 6

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
#include "ace/config-freebsd.h"

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_freebsd.GNU

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: apps/JAWS/server

DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? NO
        LINKING? NO
        On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? YES
        EXECUTION? YES

SYNOPSIS: apps/JAWS/server/main program generated error message when
switching IO strategy from SYNCH to ASYNCH on FreeBSD 6

svc.conf, the default configuration shows below:
static HTTP_Server "HTTP_Server -p 5432 -n 20 -i SYNCH -t POOL -b 50 -
f THR_NEW_LWP"

I change SYNCH to ASYNCH in svc.conf, then run main program gain, it
generated an error message like this and stoppted:
in HTTP_Server::init, HTTP_Server port = 5432, number of threads = 20
ACE (53375|134561792) ERROR: SG::initialize - static init of
'HTTP_Server' failed (HTTP_Server -p 5432 -n 20 -i ASYNCH -t POOL -b
50 -f THR_NEW_LWP: Unknown error 0)
open: Invalid argument

How should I deal with this problem? thank you in advance.

Fan