[Ace-users] Re: [tao-bugs] Problem with ORBInitializer_Registry in all Tests.

Werner Buchert w.buchert at medat.de
Wed Aug 22 02:41:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

ok, I've tested it.

Doesn't work, because the linker is searching for a libxx.a-File.

Seems, one have to change more. Compiling works, if one adds -brtl,
but testing failed because, the loader failed:

      22 Aug 22 09:22:21.501 2007 at LM_DEBUG@ACE (48038|1)
DLL_Handle::open ("libService_Config_DLL.so", 0x10004) -> failed:       05
         09-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a
valid format.
      23         0509-022 Cannot load module
/corba/v1510/ACE_wrappers/lib/libService_Config_DLL.so.
      24         0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number.

Seems one have to change more, because libService_Config_DLL.so is only
a archived shared object file, the only change is the suffix.

But, what are the advantages in using a dynamic shared library?
Nearly all libraries on AIX seems to be archived shared object files.

Using .a as before works fine.

Thanks and best regards,

Werner.