[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Resource temporarily unavailable problem.

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Wed Aug 22 09:25:48 CDT 2007

Hello Young Hyun,

> "YoungHyun Kim" <YHyun.Kim at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:<1187770559.072063.79590 at r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com>...
>> ACE VERSION: 5.2.1
>>
>> OPERATING SYSTEM and COMPILER:
>>
>> Linux version 2.6.10_SELP_MIPS
>> (gcc version 3.4.3 (MontaVista Linux 3.4.3-25.0.87.custom 2006-11-24))
>>
>> mips2_nfp_le-g++ 3.4.3
>>
>> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>>
>> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: Naming_Service isn't running in my target.
>> EXECUTION? No
>>

>> SYNOPSIS:
>>
>> I typed the instruction as you can see.
>>
>> ./Naming_Service -ORBListenEndpoints iiop://10.88.49.123:8000
>>
>> After running it, system generated message as below.
>>
>> ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr: localhost: Resource temporarily
>> unavailable
>> notification pipe open failed: Invalid argument
>> ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr: localhost: Resource temporarily
>> unavailable
>> notification pipe open failed: Invalid argument
>> ACE_Select_Reactor_T::open failed inside ACE_Select_Reactor_T::CTOR:
>> Invalid argument
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Notice the resource that is temporarily unavailable is localhost.
Do you have the local loopback interface (usually lo on Linux)
configured and running on the machine where you are trying to
run the Naming Service?  You should see it listed if you type
"ifconfig" at a command prompt.

The Reactor is trying to open a pipe for notifications (used for
signaling among event handlers) and the open is failing.  You
can tell ACE to use an in-memory queue rather than a pipe for
such notifications by adding the following to your ace/config.h:

#define ACE_HAS_REACTOR_NOTIFICATION_QUEUE

HTH,
Steve