[Ace-users] Re: Co-existents of TAO Implementation Repository Service

Mathew mathewjehan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:53:43 CDT 2007

On Aug 22, 7:16 pm, schm... at dre.vanderbilt.edu (Douglas C. Schmidt)
wrote:
> Hi Mathew,
>
> Thanks for using the PRF.
>

> >ACE VERSION: 5.5.10
> >TAO VERSION: 1.5.10
>
> >HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> >   Windows XP sp2
>
> >TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> >   Windows XP sp2
>
> >Desciption:-
>
> >     I like to have two version of TAO Implementation Repository to
> >the same machine. I have two software products which uses TAO
> >Implementation Repository service. I have already tested one product
> >and deployed it using TAO Implementation repository VERSION: 1.5.2.
> >however, currenty I am working on other product which uses TAO
> >Implementation repository VERSION: 1.5.10. now I have a problem when I
> >install latest version of Implementation repository as a windows
> >service.
>
> >For testing purpose I can start two different version of services in
> >different ports via command window. however our customer will need to
> >install both products on a same machine.
>
> >could you please any one help me how to install two version of
> >Implementation Repository as windows service on a same machine?
>
> Can you please explain what the challenges are here?  It sounds like
> you've already got it working based on your testing!
>
> Thanks,
>
>         Doug
> --
> Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
> Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197
> Vanderbilt University                        WEB:www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt
> Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schm... at vanderbilt.edu- Hide quoted text -

Hi Doug,

I can start two implementation repository services via windows cmd.
Howerver I could not install two implementation repository as windows
service.

I am using "-c install" command for make the first TAO Implementation
Repository as windows service. but when I try to install second
(latest version of this exe I kept in different directory path) TAO
Implementation Repository as windows service, it fails.

Hope you understand my problem. please let me know if you have any
question.

Thanks and Regards,
Mathew.