[Ace-users] Building ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.10 on Ubuntu 7.04

Alessio Pace alessio.pace at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 03:29:37 CDT 2007

Hello,

I downloaded the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO (x.5.10) tarball from the website
and I would
like to build it just to experiment a little bit with the examples and
the
way it works, but I'm having problems in the building.

Before posting different errors (depending on what I build), I would
like
to know which is the most straightforward way to build it all,
assuming
I'm on Ubuntu 7.04 (gcc 4.1.2) and that I downlaoded the cidlc binary.

Reading this page:
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/CIAO-INSTALL.html

I don't understand in fact if the simplest way is to build separately
and
in order ACE, TAO and CIAO or to follow the "Building CIAO quickly" at
the
end of the page, which I assume would build everything that is needed
by
CIAO.

Any help is appreciated.
Alessio Pace.