[ace-users] Disposition of the RMCast facility

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Fri Aug 24 16:25:22 CDT 2007

Hi guys,

> >I extensively use the reliable multicast facility and
> >find it extremely beneficial. Since, from the sounds
> >of it, the code needs a good clean, I would be willing
> >to volunteer helping getting the RMCast code into
> >shape.
>
> Thanks, that would be *very* helpful!

Yes, definitely! When I was looking at the code this week trying to
fix the breaking test results, I noticed it could really use much more
ACE and get rid of some of the code. I'm not sure if this fits in with
your desire to clean things up, but it would be useful.

> Johnny/Steve, can you guys
> please let Jonathan know what platforms RMCast has been failing on
> recently so he can help to fix the problems?

Yes - basically, the tests passed on Windows and Linux, and failed
everywhere else. Always with the "receiver timed out" failure.

-Steve