[Ace-users] Re: [ace-bugs] STREAM make service configuration crash wih SIGNAL 11 --still --

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Fri Aug 24 22:20:07 CDT 2007

Hi Wasili,

>     I wonder why these patch has not become part of the later
> releases.
> What about other bug fixes hosted at bugzilla, have they
> integrated into
> later ACE versions?

A note on your last question. We do integrate patches when time permits. Out
of experience we know that committing patches is not as easy as apply the
patch and commit. A big part of the patches do need first additional work to
get them in a state to commit them. Then we have to keep an eye on the
scoreboard to check if nothing breaks. It happens frequently that patches
solve 1 problem, but introduce several new ones. Sorting that then out takes
a lot of time. If you require the integration of patches, the only way that
you know for 100% sure that the patch gets in, is to sponsor someone to do
the integration and related quality control for you.