[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Corba 2.x --> Corba 3.x interoperability ?

William R. Otte wotte at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 28 09:58:12 CDT 2007

Hi Alesso -

On Aug 28, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Alessio Pace wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> I tried to do what suggested, but either I haven't yet found the
> way out of the maze, or something does not work as expected.
>
> I've used Orbit2 as Corba 2.4 implementation, and I would like just
> to generate client stubs for a CCM Hello component.
>
> Assuming this is the Hello component equivalent interface:
>
> // -------------------------------------------------------------
> // Hello.idl
> interface Hello : Components::CCMObject {
>     void sayHello();
> };
> // --------------------------------------------------------------
>
> assuming I have to add the directive #include <Components.idl>
> (CIAO's Components.idl file) at the top of the equivalent generated
> file, and assuming my Hello.idl file is (for simplicity) in the
> same directory of Components.idl, running the Orbit2 IDL compiler I
> have errors (increasing the debugging level there is no helpful
> output).

I have no experience with either Orbit or Mico, so I will be of
little help to you there.  You may have to modify the
Components.idl / CCM.idl to fit in with the shortcomings of the orbit
idl2 compiler, for example replacing typeprefix directives with the
equivalent pragma prefix directive.   You should, however, be using
the component idl from the distribution that you intent to
interoperate with.

hth,
/-Will