[ace-users] ACE_Task and ACE_Event_Handler

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Aug 29 19:06:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

> I was incorrect: moving activate() outside of handle_timeout()
> helped to solve problem when service stops after thread pool is
> done. Thank you for advise! :)

Great - I suspect that was the problem!

> But still do not know why it was required and

Without looking at your code in detail it's hard to say what was
causing this.  My guess, however, is that you weren't allowing the
main thread to run the time queue's dispatch method.

> still do not know how to solve timers blocking issue.

Now that the fall semster has begun I'm not sure if I'll have time to
look into this, so you might consider contacting one of the companies
listed at

for commercial support if you can't debug it yourself or if someone
else can't help.

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu