[ace-users] having problem with ACE_SOCK_Stream::recv

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jul 2 09:04:36 CDT 2007

Hi Prem,

   Thanks for using the PRF.

>     ACE VERSION: 5.5.8

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.9 (i.e., ACE 5.5.9, TAO 1.5.9, and
CIAO 0.5.9), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>     SunOS - X86
>     5.10
>
>     TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
>     specific file, simply state which one]:
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
>     use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
>     (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
>     C++)]:
>
>     CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
>     (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
>
>     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>    [What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION?
>         LINKING?
>             On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
>         EXECUTION?
>         YES
>         OTHER (please specify)?
> [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]
>
>     SYNOPSIS:
>     recv call is not returning error code EAGAIN

>     I am trying to read data from a non-blocking socket, but i does not return EAGAIN (err 11)
>    i used truss to see what the system call read is returning and it is retruning Err 11 - EAGAIN

Please set a breakpoint and step through the Solaris X86 code to see
what's going wrong.

thanks,