[Ace-users] How do I build with Borland Developer Studio 2006?

tieman at aps.anl.gov tieman at aps.anl.gov
Fri Jul 6 13:31:34 CDT 2007

Hi all!

I've built ACE just fine under Linux...now I need to build it under
Windows and link it to a CBuilder 2006 program.

I've done the following:

1) Created file ACE_ROOT\ace\config.h with the following line:
#include "ace/config-win32.h"
2) set ACE_ROOT=C:\ACE_wrappers
3) set BCBVER=8
4) cd ACE_ROOT\ace
5) make -f Makefile.bor all

and I get

MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
	make -l -o          -f ACE.bor all
MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
Error ACE.bor 17: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 19: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 21: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 23: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 25: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 27: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 29: Command syntax error
Error ACE.bor 31: Command syntax error

as output.  I followed the instructions listed at:
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html#borland
but I'm not sure what's wrong.  Anyone have an idea about how to move
forward from here?

Thanks!

Brian