[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Priority assigment in CIAO 0.5.9

Jaiganesh Balasubramanian jai at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:15:58 CDT 2007

Hi Prof. Schmidt,

>    BTW, can you please let San Tos know where to obtain said
> capabilities in CIAO?  In particular, is this integrated into the x.5.9
> release or is it in a branch waiting to be integrated?

Sure, i will do this right away.

Santos,

All of the explanations, i gave in my previous e-mail are based on the
code that is integrated into our latest beta release (x.5.9).

In order to support RT policies in CIAO, we had to make use of an external
XML schema in addition to the standards-based D&C schema we use to deploy
and configure components.

The schema itself is located at:

CIAO_ROOT/docs/schema/CIAOServerResources.xsd

An explanation description of how to use this schema in conjunction with
the D&C schema-based deployment plan (.cdp files) is located at:

CIAO_ROOT/docs/schema/ServerResourceUsage.txt

A HelloWorld example using RT policies is located at:

CIAO_ROOT/examples/Hello

Kitty was working on a more sophisticated example to specify RT policies
using CIAO. Kitty, can you please let us know when you would be able to
check-in your changes to the BasicSP examples?

Thanks,
Jai