[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Priority assigment in CIAO 0.5.9

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:31:53 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:05:30 AM -0500, Jaiganesh Balasubramanian wrote:
> Hi Santos,
>
>> I'd like to know if there are any features in CIAO to assign the
>> priority of facet operations and/or events. Is there already any
>> integration with the scheduling service? If any of the answers is yes, I
>> would appreciate if you point me some sources to read.
>
> Just like most of our work in the DOC group, setting up RT policies is
> also driven using modeling tools as part of the CoSMIC tool suite.
>
> We have a graduate student (Amogh, whom i have CC-ed in this e-mail)
> working on this.
>
> Essentially, you can create your application structure using PICML, and
> then assign priorities and priority models on the different connections
> (in my example from the previous e-mail today, between component B and
> component A) and allow the DanCE tool chain to deploy the components and
> their associated policies on the connections between components.

You should use CQML and not PICML to specify the priorities and priority
models.  You can specify the high-level RT requirements using PICML and
then use QUICKER to transform these to CCM-specific RT policies (which you
can change if desired).  From such a CQML model, you can then generate the
RT configuration descriptors and a modified deployment plan.  I will check
in an updated BasicSP model to serve as an example under CoSMIC pretty
soon.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University