[Ace-users] [ciao-users] performance of COS Notification

Friedhelm Wolf friedhelm.wolf at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 06:26:25 CDT 2007

CIAO VERSION: 0.5.8
TAO VERSION : 1.5.8
ACE VERSION : 5.5.8

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
    i686 pc, SUSE linux Enterprise Server 9, Kernel 2.6.5

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
    gcc 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
    #include "config-linux.h"

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE :
    include $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform-linux.GNU

CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
    N/A

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
    COS Notification

SYNOPSIS:
    performance benchmarks for COS Notification

Hi there,

we are considering COS (RT) Notification as a means to
exchange (a large amount of) asynchronous data.
I guess we are not the first ones out there doing this.
Are there any recent performance benchmarks or experiences from
projects, where the Notification service is used?

We're especially interested in throughput and scalability
depending on the message size.

Thanks in advance,
Friedhelm