[ace-users] How well does the Proactor_Test work on Unix?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Jul 17 21:06:06 CDT 2007

    ACE VERSION: svn head

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
	FreeBSD-CURRENT

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        gcc version 4.2.0 20070514 [FreeBSD]

Hi,

I am playing around with some patches that Matt Corey sent me
a long time ago to add a kqueue() based implementation of the
Proactor.  (Sorry for the delay Matt!!)

I was trying to test things out with the Proactor_Test.
For some reason, it looks like this test deadlocks.  It doesn't
seem to deadlock if I run the test in gdb.  The Proactor_Test also
seems to deadlock if I run the real-time signal implementation
under FreeBSD.  Does this test work with other Unixes?

There have been a lot of changes recently in FreeBSD in the areas
of threads, signals, and AIO, so I am using ACE as
a vehicle for testing these features and learning how they work.

If the Proactor_Test is known to have issues, I don't want to let
it hold up submission of patches for a kqueue() based Proactor.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org