[ace-users] Please, help in problem with ACE

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jul 23 02:06:30 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Please help me.

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> I do a new connection:
> -------------------ACE_Asynch_Connector<HA_Proactive_Service>
> aio_connect;aio_connect.open(20,0,1);
> int sde = aio_connect.connect(peer_addr[1]);
> -------------------

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF),
which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.

> How I get a handle of this new connection?

Please see Chapter 8 of C++NPv2 <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE/book2>
for an overview of the ACE Proactor framework.