[ace-users] Innacurate timers in Linux after 5.5.6

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Tue Jul 24 10:46:07 CDT 2007

> > It seems that configure is definitely to be used with some care
and
> > the resulting config.h should be carefully checked.

Or run the test suite in ACE_wrappers/tests and report any
inconsistency.

> Maybe people can contribute patches, improvements or fund the
> improvement of
> the autoconf support in ACE/TAO. We really want to get this
> improved, but it
> is a huge amount of work. If you have patches, problems, etc,
> please put
> them in bugzilla (see http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/index.cgi)

Exactly... The only way autoconf support was added to ACE was via a
generous sponsor (and TAO pretty much single-handedly by a very
energetic and taltented individual), but that was many moons ago, and
things have a way of decaying. Riverace was the lead in the ACE
effort, so if anyone is interested in improving the autoconf support
in ACE, either by contributing fixes or funding, feel free to contact
me.

Best regards,

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Would you like ACE to run great on your platform?