[Ace-users] Re: ACE_Semaphore::acquire (tv) error

sowayan at gmail.com sowayan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:21:38 CDT 2007

Hi Cui

>  why use timeout acquire doesn't block? and why "Operation not supported"

I don't know the specifics of your operating system, but I faced a
similar situation under LynxOS. If it tells you an operation is not
supported, probably the kernel of your OS doesn't support timed
semaphores. ACE has a timeout Semaphore emulation which you can turn
on. Define ACE_HAS_POSIX_SEM_TIMEOUT_EMULATION  in you config.h. In
ACE 5.5.10 this emulation will be turned on by default when your
platform doesn't support Semaphore timeout.

THanks,
Abdul