[ace-users] ACE vs/with Intel TBB ?

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Mon Jul 30 02:02:53 CDT 2007

Hi,

> I wonder, how ACE framework is going collaborate with Intel TBB ?

We as Remedy IT recently started a project together with Intel to optimize
ACE/TAO for Intel CPU's. We are using Intel C++ and are going to use Intel
Vtune to tune ACE/TAO and get a better performance on Intel hardware. As a
result of this project there are already a few new Intel C++ 10.0 builds on
the scoreboard running on new Intel servers, more will follow. We are using
IA32 and EM64T Intel CPU's. We have now direct access into the Intel
organization to gain access to a lot of knowledge. We are looking for
additional funding to add IA64 and do more extensive optimizations, if
people are interested in this effort contact me.

What is your idea about the Intel TBB? Do you have specific ideas that you
want to see supported in ACE?