[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] ACE+TAO-Help

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jul 30 04:39:05 CDT 2007

Hi Melody,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> I am looking for some CORBA source codes, so I thought it is a good
> idea to build TAO and ACE (correct me if I am wrong), but in the
> process of building these two, my compiler complains about some header
> files which do not exist, I googled but I couldn't find any solution,
> is there any mailing list that I can sign up for help or is there any
> chance that you please guide me through this.

In addition to subscribing to the TAO mailing list and posting your
question there please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem
report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.

Thanks very much,