[ace-users] Basic questions related to Apple Macintosh

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Tue Jul 31 05:47:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

> 	I have some basic questions related to Apple Macintosh:

Okay.

> 	1. Is ACE supports MAC OS X 10.5 i.e If i create a application
with
> ACE on MAC 10.4, Is it will run on 10.5 (with out any changes)?.

If it doesn't, through commercial support ACE can be
ported/tested/enhanced for MAC OS X 10.5, then you wouldn't need to
change your code at all.

> 	2. Is ACE supports Universal binaries?

Will Otte just added that support literally a few seconds ago (per
change log below) ;-), you can download this from the SVN repository and
experiment with it. Or, you can have a commercial company do all the
heavy lifting for you.

Tue Jul 31 10:38:37 UTC 2007  William Otte
<wotte at dhcp-host-unknown.prismtech.com>

        * include/makeinclude/platform_macosx_tiger.GNU

          Added support for building universal binaries by specifying
          universal=1 in platform_macros or command line.

Thanks,
Abdul