[Ace-users] Re: SCTP using ACE on Windows

Pal gopal.reddy at wipro.com
Wed Jun 13 00:41:47 CDT 2007

On Jun 11, 7:06 pm, chand_05 <kvss.chandrasek... at wipro.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > >using ACE 5.5.1.
>
> > Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.8 (i.e., ACE 5.5.8, TAO 1.5.8, and
> > CIAO 0.5.8), which you can download from
>
> >http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu
>
> > under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".
>
> > The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
> > University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
> > latest release, as described in
>
> >http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-proc...
>
> > Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
> > ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out
>
> >http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/support.html
>
> > for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
> > support.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> >         Doug
>
> > > Am unble make SCTP work on. Here is code that i have
> > >written. When i execute the (compilation is successful) it errors out
> > >with message that (cannot open the listening port). I would like to
> > >know if I need to enable any flag to make it SCTP  work on Windows or
> > >am i missing something in my code? Any help or pointers in this regard
> > >would be highly appreciated!
> > >Here is the code that i have written...
>
> > >#include "ace/SOCK_SEQPACK_Connector.h"
> > >#include "ace/SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor.h"
> > >#include <stdio.h>
> > >#define TTCPPORT 5001
> > >#define BYTE_MESG 0xcd
>
> > >int main()
> > >{
> > >  ACE_SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor AcceptorSocket;
>
> > >  ACE_Multihomed_INET_Addr ServerAddr (TTCPPORT,
> > >#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
> > >                                      (0 ?
> > >                                       ACE_IPV6_LOCALHOST :
> > >                                       ACE_LOCALHOST)
> > >#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
> > >                                       ACE_LOCALHOST
> > >#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
> > >                                       );
>
> > >  if (-1 == AcceptorSocket.open (ServerAddr,
> > >                                 1,
> > >#ifdef ACE_HAS_IPV6
> > >                                 (0 ? AF_INET6 : AF_INET),
> > >#else /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
> > >                                 AF_INET,
> > >#endif /* ! ACE_HAS_IPV6 */
> > >                                 ACE_DEFAULT_BACKLOG
> > >#if defined (IPPROTO_SCTP)
> > >                                 ,IPPROTO_SCTP
> > >#endif /* IPPROTO_SCTP */
> > >                                ))
> > >  {
> > >   printf( "cannot open the listening port\n");
> > >  }
> > >  else
> > >  {
> > >   printf( "opened the listening port\n");
> > >  }
> > >  return 0;
> > >}
>
> > >Thanks and Regards,
> > >Gopal
>
> > --
> > Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
> > Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197

Hi Douglas,
  As suggested i have downloaded and built the latest ACE 5.5.8 (see
the details below) but still unable
to get SCTP on windows. Just wondering if SCTP functionality is
supported on Windows. Do we require any external libraries like Lksctp
or openss7 that provides this functionality on Linux Platforms. Please
help me !

    ACE VERSION: 5.5.8

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        win32, Windows XP (SP2),

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
      Same
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        MSVC8

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:
        Yes

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:
      Not used

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/
default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
    ssl=0 ;qos=1;cidl=0;rwho=0;sctp=0(also tried with sctp=1)

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
    [What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? No
        LINKING?  No
        EXECUTION? Yes It does not execute sample SOCK_SEQPACK_clt
program locacted
            in ACE_wrappers\performance-tests\SCTP
        OTHER (please specify)?
[Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]
      Yes it affects ACE and my application!

    SYNOPSIS:
     I have successfully build SOCK_SEQPACK_clt. When I try to execute
the same it throws error
     message "SCTP was NOT installed/accessible when this binary was
compiled."

     Similar to lksctp or openss7 on Linux, do we need to use any
other sctp external
     libraries to get SCTP functionality on Windows? Please clarify it
SCTP functionality
     supported on windows platfroms!

[Detailed description of problem.  Don't just say "<blah>
doesn't work, here's a fix," explain what your program does
to get to the <blah> state. ]