[Ace-users] [tao-users] Reference to ORB

Vikram Karandikar softking at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:45:59 CDT 2007

Hi,
    i have a sample application where in the "int main" mathod i am creating
ORB by using ORB_init.
    Now that variable is local to "int main", i don't want to make it
global, but i want to get its reference in some other method say "int xyz".
    In my previous ORB they were having CORBA::ORB::_duplicate () to return
reference to the global ORB. But TAO does not have _duplicate with no
parameters, means we have to pass ORB reference to be duplicated.

    Is there any way to have this work?

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at
it." -- Einstein.

- Vikram Karandikar