[ace-users] Trying to adding an ACE_TTY_IO handler to the reactor.
Kim J. Schmock
KJS at capres.com
Fri Jun 15 09:39:29 CDT 2007
1) It enters into my Rs232Handler::Handle_signal() without any characters to available. (you can see the code in previous mail. I just exchanged the Handel_input() with Handle_signal() as suggested).
2) Yes; the reactor should enter sleep infinite or timed until an event happens. I ends up on WaitForMultipleObejcts();
3) Do you refer to "Windows documentation on programming Serial ports" or some other documentation?
So, ACE_TTY_IO is not able to be used as is with the reactor object without polling?
I have tried to look around for some solutions/examples without luck. Maybe someone have that knowledge? or seen a solution?
Fra: Douglas C. Schmidt [mailto:schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu]
Sendt: fr 15-06-2007 14:34
Til: Kim J. Schmock
Cc: ace-users at cs.wustl.edu
Emne: Re: [ace-users] FW: Trying to adding an ACE_TTY_IO handler to the reactor.
> That solved the issue.
> I was just wondering why handle_signal() are called rapidly.
1) Can you please provide more info on this, i.e., when the calls are
occurring is there any data available?
> Shouldn't it preempt the application until a character arrives at the
2) What do you mean by "it" (i.e., the Reactor) and "preempt" (i.e., the
reactor should sleep)?
> It seems like it is polling, or maybe reacting on an event related to
> the handle for the COM1 port.
3) I recommend you read the documentation on programming with Windows
serial ports. I seem to recall the way of getting I/O from them is to
create an event that's associated with the serial port handle and
register *that* event with the reactor, rather than the handle itself.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ace-users