[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Bidir GIOP and SSL

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jun 28 04:29:02 CDT 2007

Hi Joerg,

> I've got a question about the coexistence of the Bidirectional GIOP and the SSL protocol on TAO 1.4.10.

TAO 1.4.10 is very old!!  Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.8 (i.e.,
ACE 5.5.8, TAO 1.5.8, and CIAO 0.5.8), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.