[Ace-users] Problem with shared memory backing store

Praveen praveenktg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:51:18 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I am new to ACE!
Right now we are using ACE shared memory for our applications.

We are using position independent allocator for shared memory

        ACE_MMAP_Memory_Pool_Options options( 0,
ACE_MMAP_Memory_Pool_Options::NEVER_FIXED,
                                              FILE_SHARE_READ |
FILE_SHARE_WRITE | FILE_SHARE_DELETE );

        g_pAllocator = new ALLOCATOR( IPC_SM_BACKING_STORE,
IPC_SM_BACKING_STORE, &options );

According to our requirement we have to remove the backing store file
after closing applications. i.e. we don't need a persistence in shared
memory. Is there any options to do the same in ACE?

We are glad if there is any shared memory creations without disk file.

So please help me on this regard.

waiting for your reply.

Praveen