[Ace-users] Problems at linkage of TAO to ACE, target VxWorks 6.2

Galit GalitU at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 09:55:18 CST 2007

CE VERSION: 5.6.1

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Solaris

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
      VxWorks 6.2

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:

     #define ACE_LACKS_PTHREAD_ATTR_SETSTACK
     #include "config-vxworks6.2.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:

          debug ?= 0
          rtp ?= 0
          pthread ?= 1
          shared_libs = 1

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/
default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
         EXECUTION - YES

    SYNOPSIS:
What is the differences in linkage between compilation of ACE+TAO with
or without (RTP, PTHREAD), when we allow or disallow both of them
together? We can't allow RTP at our project. If we disallow RTP and
PTHREAD we have a problems with linkage with some TAO libraries.

If I compile ACE with no pthread, I have a problems at linkage of
libTAO_Valuetype.so, it have a lot of undefined symbols, that are
included when pthread is included.

For example a few symbols says
Warning: module 0x87e010 holds reference to undefined symbol
_ZN6ACE_OS15thr_setspecificEmPv.
Warning: module 0x87e010 holds reference to undefined symbol
_ZN5CORBA8_tc_nullE.
Warning: module 0x87e010 holds reference to undefined symbol
_ZN5CORBA8TypeCodeD2Ev.

Thanks,
Galit