[Ace-users] [ciao-users] : QoS parameters in ciao component

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:59:57 CST 2007

Hi Ricardo :)

On 11/4/07, Ricardo Perrone <perrone at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry, but i have two simple questions to do...
> is it possible to configure QoS parameters like execution time, period and number of threads for one real-time operation via xml descriptor? In TAO this setting is made via RT_info/Scheduling Service, but i'am not sure how to do the same in CIAO?

Yes, I'm not quite confident about this but I think you should look at:
$CIAO_ROOT/examples/Hello/descriptors_RTCCM.

This is working fine for me, but I'll leave further details for the
CIAO experts :)

> in ciao's real-time extensions is possible to configure thread pool lane to ORB. The thread that resided in pool lane and demux an incoming request is the same that  process the component_exec related to facet ?

Yes, look at rt-config-example.csr in the above directory for examples
on creating thread pool, thread pool with lanes, and adjustment of the
number of static and dynamic threads and thread borrowing behaviour.

Thanks,
Sandro

> Thanks a lot
> Ricardo