[Ace-users] [ace-users] Building SVN ACE on Mac OS 10.5

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 5 20:21:42 CST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 7:57 PM, William R. Otte wrote:

> Hi Doug -
>
> On Nov 5, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Doug McCorkle wrote:
>>   SYNOPSIS:
>> I would like to  get the autoconf build going again for Mac OS
>> 10.5. It appears that the traditional build is working fine and
>> that there are some defines on the autoconf side that are not
>> getting setup correctly.
>>

> Autoconf has never really worked correctly on OS X, is there some
> particular reason the traditional build process is insufficient?

The main reason is to be able to package up an ACE/TAO distribution
for inclusion with our software and to be able to use the pkgconfig
files. In general, it is a little easier to build with the autoconf
tools as well IMHO.

> I can't think of anyone in the ACE/TAO/CIAO developer community who
> has both a Mac and the familiarity with autoconf/will/time to fix
> this.  Contributing a daily build for Leopard autoconf will
> certainly speed that process up, and we would be happy to consider/
> integrate any fixes you could provide to us.

OK. I would like to take a look at it. I used the autoconf build under
5.5 and things worked fairly well. I may be misunderstanding things
but isn't the only issue setting up the proper defines for the
config.h file or is there more to it than that?