[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE_OFF_T / off_t related problems, etc.

Martin Scholl ms at globalinfinity.de
Wed Nov 14 07:18:34 CST 2007

Hello all,

I should have re-read my email before sending it to ace-users. Sorry for
that.

Martin Scholl wrote:
[snip]
> Yet as you know ACE_OFF_T is a `typedef off_t ACE_OFF_T'. The result is
> that linking fails for ace using programs configured for using large
> files. Why? The names of symbols with ACE_OFF_T as a parameter will not
> get resolved anymore. ACE_OFF_T has changed from 32bit to 64bit so the
> functions' definitions are not equal anymore.
             ^-> `definitions' is wrong. I meant `symbol names'.

[snip]

Martin

global infinity GmbH                   | Tel.: 06421/983004-20        | Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcus Brindoepke
Scheppe Gewissegasse 8         | Fax: 06421/983004-90	| Amtsgericht Marburg, HRB 5200
35039 Marburg                          | Funk: 0176/61190045	| Web: www.globalinfinity.de