[Ace-users] ACE_Reactor removeHandler() Etiquitte

BlueJayWay sgrsgrsgr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:08:05 CST 2007

SunOS  rega 5.10 Generic_118833-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T4
[ Running ACE 5.6 ]

Hi:

In working with a dynamically allocated event handler that inherits
from ACE_Event_Handler (e.g. a UDP handler),
is it permissible for the application code to call
ACE_Reactor::instance()->remove_handler(), at any point, to force
the ACE_Reactor to remove the event handler from its tables and call
handle_close()?

Also, what if the call to ACE_Reactor::instance()->remove_handler()
fails?
What would be a reasonable cleanup procedure in this case?
Should I call handle_close() from my application code (which will do
the `delete this` on the event handler)?

 Thanks, Steve