[Ace-users] [tao-users] Making use of TAO IDL compiler

Vikram Karandikar softking at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:46:08 CST 2007

Hi all,

what i want to achieve is use TAO IDL compilers parser and AST creation
stages and from this AST i want to generate some extra code.
Is it possible to do this.
I will explain it with an example.

consider one IDL file
module X
{
    struct S
    {
        long l;
    }
};

Now a normal compilation of this IDL file with TAO idl compiler will
generate the stubs and skels. I want that too, but in addition to that
i also want to generate constructors for all the structs. I know if i modify
the IDL compiler code then i can achieve this.

Is there any TAO IDL development document available? Any guidelines? Any
suggestions?

Thank you,

--
"There is no substitute for intelligence, experience, common sense, and good
taste." - Bjarne Stroustrup

- Vikram Karandikar