[Ace-users] [tao-users] : question about POA

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Nov 22 07:30:07 CST 2007

Hi Ricardo,

   Thanks for using the PRF.

>  CIAO version 0.6.10
>  TAO version 1.6.10
>  ACE VERSION: 5.6.1
>
>  HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>        Centrino Duo Core, Ubuntu 7.0.4-Feisty, kernel 2.6.20-16-generic
>
>  COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>        gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
>
>  THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
>        #include "ace/config-linux.h"
>
>  THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
>        no_hidden_visibility=1
>        include
>   /usr/local/ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU
>
>  CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features:
>      [there is no default.features file, but the gnuace and global
>   features]
>          qt=1
>          fl=1
>          tk=1
>          xt=1
>          cidl=1
>          sctp=1
>          zlib=1
>
>  DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>       COMPILATION? no
>
>  SYNOPSIS:

> After a POA identifies a servant responsible to perform a remote
> request and before that it forwards the operation to this servant, is
> there a log service that record the time at it happens?

I don't think there's anything in TAO that does this at the moment, but
we're working on such a monitoring capability right now as part of a
project with Symantec/Veritas.

> I need to know this time information for future statistical
> analysis. Is there some specific TAO's exemple code that can help me
> to do this?

You might be able to use portable interceptors for this purpose, but
probably the best thing to do is contact Jeff Parsons
<j.parsons at vanderbilt.edu> and volunteer to help him with the monitoring
project I mentioned above.