[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE TAO

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Nov 29 14:05:25 CST 2007

Hi Tony,

> Hello. My name is Tony Glover with Westar Aerospace and Defense Group
> in Huntsville, AL. We are looking at using the ACE TAO for some work
> that we are doing and I had a quick question. Are there any straight
> 'C' bindings or is it possible to call the ACE TAO framework from a
> 'C' program?

That's a good question.  ACE+TAO have no C bindings.  Depending on what
you're trying to do you might either want to consider

1. Using a C-based ORB (if you're primarily interested in CORBA) or

2. Use a C-based OS adapter latery (if you're primarily interested in
   portability.

ORBit would be an example of #1 and the Apache Portable Runtime and
Netscape Portable Runtime would be examples of #2.