[Ace-users] Problem in vxWorks6.2 porting

Galit GalitU at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:35:29 CDT 2007

Hello all,

ACE VERSION: 5.5

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
	Solaris SUN

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
	VxWorks 6.2 Pentium
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
	Tornado 2.2

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE
	config-vxworks6.2.h

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
	platform_vxworks6.2.GNU

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? yes

    SYNOPSIS:
	Many defines that we need add into the macro for VxWorks 6.2 that was
provided with ACE.

	We try compile the ACE but we see that in the include files are
includes from VxWorks 6.3 and above environment, for example
	up to now we see that we need define next defines:
		#define ACE_LACKS_DUP
		#define ACE_LACKS_DUP2
		#define ACE_LACKS_FSYNC
		#define ACE_LACKS_SYS_RESOURCE_H
		#define ACE_LACKS_STRDUP		/* Must be added in 6.4 */
		#define ACE_LACKS_NUMERIC_LIMITS
		#define ACE_LACKS_ACCESS
		#define ACE_HAS_NONCONST_CHDIR
	and we not finished yet. Maybe someone see the same problem and have
a config.h and platform_macros.GNU with all this.